We invite you to register for one of our two remaining kickoff events. Or pass this information along to a business colleague, friend or neighbor. We’ll share some startling data, preview a compelling new PSA, and give you access to a promotional toolkit to spread the word that Missing School Matters.
The first kickoff of the Missing School Matters campaign is today, Sept. 19 at 11am in the John H. Reagan building, Room JRH 140. Not too late to register! Tim League of Alamo Drafthouse is our featured business leader.
Sign up here: http://missingschoolmatters1.eventbrite.com/
Come learn about this important issue and what you can do about the 2.4 million student absences across central Texas every year. We’ll share startling statictics, preview a national PSA about attendance, and more.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Rick L’Amie, Communications Director, E3 Alliance
Missing School Matters campaign will reclaim millions of dollars for Austin-area schools
- Sept. 19, 2012
- 10 am
- Suzanna Caballero, Chair, Community Accountability Team of the AARO Education Committee
- Susan Dawson, President and Executive Director, E3 Alliance
- Jesús Chávez, Superintendent, Round Rock ISD
- Sarah Harris, Founder and CEO, Incite Social Impact Marketing
- Rick L’Amie, Communications Director, E3 Alliance
- Business leaders Tim League of Alamo Drafthouse, Bobby Jenkins of ABC Home and Commercial Services, and Clarke Heidrick of
Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, PC. as speakers.
- Results of a new national survey of teens that explores why kids miss school.
- An overview of the Get Schooled Central Texas Fall Attendance Challenge. A targeted campaign with “substance and sizzle” to get 40,000 central Texas middle and junior high school students aware of the importance of going to class.
- A preview of a new Ad Council and U.S. Army’s new BoostUp High School Dropout Prevention PSAs, launching mid-October, making parents aware of the connection between their student’s attendance and educational outcomes.
- Access to a promotional tool kit with messages, flyers, articles and more to help spread the word about keeping kids in school.
- An interactive, table-top brainstorm session for participants to give feedback no how to spread the word that missing school matters.
What else: Kickoff event schedule (open to the public)
The E3 Alliance is a regional collaborative dedicated to developing a comprehensive, data-driven view of our education landscape to better align educational systems and practices to drive higher outcomes for students and ensure a more efficient allocation of resources, thereby increasing our competitiveness as a region. Founded in 2006 by partners the Austin Area Research Organization, The University of Texas at Austin and Austin Community College District; the E3 Alliance acts as a catalyst for change and is the P-16 Council for the Central Texas region. Learn more at: www.e3alliance.org.